View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 07:43 AM
nexttothemoon
10 again

vCash: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I think the Islanders could be persuaded to move the no.4 pick. I think they want players that can play next year and help them get into the playoffs but are still young enough to build with Tavares.
The team I think that most wants legit roster players instead of prospects is Columbus. That franchise is dying a not-so-slow death and they NEED some NHL calibre bodies to ignite something on that team and give some hope that someday they'll get within a sniff of the playoffs again.

I could see them trading any or all of the following:

-Rick Nash
-#2 overall pick this year
-their 2nd round pick this year (basically like a late 1st)
-LA 1st rounder they'll get next year (likely won't use it this year as it's looking like it will be #29 in this draft at best)
-their 1st next year (which has a high chance of being a top 10 pick in a deep draft year)
-their 2nd rounder next year (should also be valuable as it should be an early 2nd rounder in a deep draft year).

That's 6 fairly valuable assets they should be able to deal for a variety of roster forwards/dmen and a goalie to help get the team back on track and out of the cellar. They aren't a team that can afford to stockpile a bunch of prospects for 2-3 years waiting for them to become NHL ready as that franchise will implode by then.

I've seen some reports saying that Columbus is high on Murray. I could be wrong but I certainly don't think he's going to be a target for them as he's not likely going to deliver much in terms of immediate impact to get that team turned around and headed in the right direction.

They need impact roster players on the forward lines and a good goalie and I think they may only get them by dealing draft picks and Nash away to acquire them.