View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 07:11 AM
PepeBostones

vCash: 500
I'm always following the HF although I seldom write anymore. I am impressed the way the Bruins have been collecting goalie prospects at a speedier rate than ever before. Like Kirk and other's I have high hopes for Zane Gothberg. But as with Lars Volden (whom I really like and has seen a lot of) and Adam Morrison they are quite far away. But keep in mind that Gothberg is an USHL allstar and has played for the US National Jrs who are perhaps the best National team among juniors these days. Volden was in the senior world hockey championchips and held his own very well I think. So these guys are really interesting. Niklas Svedberg did make a splash and had a superb playoff in the SEL. He was playing out of his mind and if he can keep it up he will adjust to NA hockey in Providence where he will share duties with Mike Hutchinson. Hutch has improved every year and has game breaking abilities, just like most young goalies, he has to find better consistensy in his game in game out performance. I haven't given up on him at all. So the goalie prospects are in fact pretty good I think. On defense however I am not at all satisfied with what we have. Besides, Doug Hamilton (who's record speaks for itself). Do we have another defenseman in the system that even can count as a good bet to be a regular D in the NHL? I am not impressed with the small Torey Krug, David Warsofsky and Ryan Button has been downright disappointing. Don't think Tommy Cross, Zach Trotman will be better than Matt Bartkowski who is no more than a 7th D at the best. There is one guy that I think have the most upside outside of Hamilton. That guy is Rob O'Gara. He is big 6'04 around 200 pounds and can skate very well and has good hockey sense. Too bad he's played only half the games players in junior usually plays. I just found out that he's played 32 games this year. 5 goals and 26 assist for 31 points and first team all star in his class I believe. He's played for Milton Academy and some tournament games for Boston Bruins Jrs Mass. He will be interesting to follow at developement camp and most of all when he starts his college career at Yale in ECAC hockey league. He's far away but could end up second best behind Hamilton when all is said and done. I really hope the Bruins get to draft a couple of promising defensemen in this NHL draft. Would love to have Brady Skjei, Derrick Pouliot, Brett Kulak, even better if we can trade up and get Griffn Reinhart but the draft is what it is. High expectations and almost always lower values. But getting, Tyler Seguin and Doug Hamilton, that was even better than one could expect. I'm sure Seguin will be a star and hopefully some of the other promising forwards come through too. Also hope Hamilton turns out to be the next best draft choice a Bruin defenseman not named Bourque.