View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeBostones View Post
There is one guy that I think have the most upside outside of Hamilton. That guy is Rob O'Gara. He is big 6'04 around 200 pounds and can skate very well and has good hockey sense. Too bad he's played only half the games players in junior usually plays. I just found out that he's played 32 games this year. 5 goals and 26 assist for 31 points and first team all star in his class I believe. He's played for Milton Academy and some tournament games for Boston Bruins Jrs Mass. He will be interesting to follow at developement camp and most of all when he starts his college career at Yale in ECAC hockey league. He's far away but could end up second best behind Hamilton when all is said and done.

I really hope the Bruins get to draft a couple of promising defensemen in this NHL draft. Would love to have Brady Skjei, Derrick Pouliot, Brett Kulak, even better if we can trade up and get Griffn Reinhart but the draft is what it is. High expectations and almost always lower values. But getting, Tyler Seguin and Doug Hamilton, that was even better than one could expect. I'm sure Seguin will be a star and hopefully some of the other promising forwards come through too. Also hope Hamilton turns out to be the next best draft choice a Bruin defenseman not named Bourque.
Was so impressed with his poise, smarts and upside when I first saw him with Milton Academy last season.

I believe that pick is going to go down as one of Boston's better diamonds-in-the-rough in a few years.

Excellent mobility for his size. Showed some offensive upside this season with Pat McNally at Harvard and ROG no longer needing to cover for him.

Had he spent two years in prep before being draft eligible, no way the Bruins get him at the end of the 5th round, but not enough sample size for some teams while others were scared off by his going back to prep this season instead of playing in the EJHL or USHL.

The B's rolled the dice with him and after USHR named him Prep Defenseman of the Year, it looks like it could pay off in a big way...albeit in about 4-5 years.