Old
06-04-2012, 08:57 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
You're going to be singing a different tune about a LOT of those guys pretty soon ^.
It really wouldn't be the end of the world if you guys took Murray. And as far as forwards go, there's a little thing called high draft pick leverage for asset acquisitions, oh, and free agency. Unless you guys are going the re-build route, those are viable options.

I heard justifications for why Larsson wasn't slipping past 3, Couturier, Fowler, Gormley, you name em, I heard the guarantees. I'm not saying it won't happen, but enough with saying "my team is picking player x or we better check the temperature down in hell". I'm almost convinced I'll see posts like "oh my gm didn't pick _______, well it IS 2012"

Not even saying this for my own hopeful benefit. I'm actually concerned that if Galchenyuk was available, Murray would be warded off by the injury as it is. No one is a guarantee. I could say "Murray will draft Dumba" all I want. I'll look really stupid if he picks Reilly, Maatta, or Teravainen.
I really am not going to be singing a different tune about a lot of those guys. Tinordi is close to NHL ready. Beaulieu has all the offensive tools, he just needs to round out his game. Ellis simply needs pro experience and I thought he was the best out of the three in the memorial cup tournament. Dietz and Bennett to me look like sure-fire NHLers once they continue their development. Nash and St. Denis have both proven they can be solid bottom pairing defenseman.

I'm not guaranteeing Galchenyuk at all. I am guaranteeing a forward. Montreal isnt stupid. They dont normally draft by need but right now they can easily sway the BPA discussion in favor of a forward after watching 3 defensive prospects star in the Memorial Cup. With 3 young D men in the NHL proving they can be key cogs on the D. You can only dress 6 D men. You have to fill your line-up with 12 forwards.