Old
06-04-2012, 09:49 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleYote View Post
I thought that was a no-no?

Our poor powerplay only cost us 10 goals over an 82 game season. So while yes we need to improve it - those 10 goals probably costs us a few points. Backup goalie cost us more...but you know what? Why can't we fix both??? I don't see how it's an either/or proposition.

...and I appreciate that Barbs is a good locker room presence, but if that's all he is then pay him the minimum salary.
Barbs has a guaranteed salary this year. I doubt we can move him and we aren't going to just eat his salary. We have a back-up goalie. We have young guys ready to play to replace the Dmen whose contracts are up. We don't have any top line forwards. We can build very solid 2 through 4 lines with the guys still under contract (considering Doan should be back). If we can put a dangerous top line together, we're cup contenders. That's the first place I want us to spend cash. If we can add a banger on D and a replacement for Biz (although Maloney and Tip obviously want to keep him so I doubt he goes anywhere) that would be great but not without at least trying to put together a top line first.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote