View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
If Radulov wants big money in the NHL,he will need to prove himself at the NHL level. If Radulov was coming off his ELC and had another year before arbitration,he would get $2.5M per. The Rangers should stay away if he wants to get paid KHL dollars. He should sign with CSKA.
As far as money concern I think it's going to be closer to $4.5 m than $2.5 m plus the promise of lucrative endorsement that he could get by playing for the Rangers in NY.

Aside from the money issue, though I typically support the idea of getting Russian born players to sign with the Rangers because of my background, I'm against getting Radulov.
He is not Zherdev 2.0 - he does not have an issue of not playing (hard) to his talent level. And I'm sure he could learn to backcheck and play responsibly in the defensive zone if he WANTS to become and be perceived as one of the top player in the NHL who has no issues putting team first (Ovechkin, Kovalchuk did it).
His issues are the constant thread of leaving the team at any time if things do not go his way, and whether he'd be able to deal with "attractions" of NYC. Yes, he's a winner and he's been the best player in KHL for the past three years, but because of his background (including being treated as a Tsar or rather Chechen khan while in KHL) I still have my serious doubts.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote