View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I wouldn't say its a foregone conclusion that Maloney and Tippett are keen on keeping Bissonnette. I feel like Maloney is sure we need an enforcer and Tippett is less sold on the idea. Concerning Bissonnette, specifically, I don't think Tippett trusts him enough on the ice for him to be even the least bit effective. His leash is so short and his margin for error is so slight. Even with all of the injuries and suspensions, Bissonnette played a total of eight minutes and two seconds in the post season. Over three games, he averaged less than three minutes of ice time per game. And he was not effective at all.
He only managed to dress for 31 games and he averaged less than six minutes per game.

He's so restricted by his coaching staff that he barely even fought. He had just a handful of boughts and none were crucial to momentum or to police duties. Bissonnette said early in the year that he'd like to modify his game and be a player who can skate a regular shift, help the penalty kill, and draw penalties by being an active body checker. Good goals. Goals I think he can accomplish. Dave Tippett obviously doesn't believe in his ability.

I actually feel this is a good time for the Coyotes and Bissonnette to part ways. We need to acquire the kind of player who has proven to be capable of playing the role Bissonnette described for himself. A Mike Brown or BJ Crombeen. Bissonnette will get another chance and I'm sure there are a few teams that would love to have him. I still believe he can be an effective player. I don't believe he can be an effective player for this team.

Last edited by rt: 06-04-2012 at 11:43 AM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote