View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 01:05 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
maybe i'm "out there" or something...but Chicago is probably standing pat, they resigned Emery and they are kinda stuck on Crawford right now...Florida will be going with Theodore and Markstrom I believe...which leaves, us, Toronto, and Tampa ( the latter I see as the ones getting Luango)

so Toronto and Us are left for Harding, Clemmenson, Montoya etc...slim pickings, so nabbing 2 of the 3 top 5 for a decent rate isn't really a stretch to me...
Let's see, who else did I leave out...

Rumors are that Philly would like an upgrade over Bobrovsky in case Bryzgalov starts talking about the planets again.

The Rangers will have to either re-sign Biron or another backup for Lundqvist.

The Devils have 2 UFAs in Hedberg and Brodeur...neither one is a spring chicken. Clearly Brodeur comes back, but Hedberg is no guaranty.

Having shipped off Vokoun, the Caps have to decide if they really want to rely on Neuvirth and Holtby or if Neuvirth should be shipped out in favor of a veteran goaltender if Holtby struggles.

Dallas will need a backup goalie.

The Islanders likely still need a solid backup given DiPietro's recurring issues.

The Jets may be in the market for a backup.

So, again, the idea that there is enough supply for this team to address its needs sufficiently through free agency alone would seem to be overly optimistic.