View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Case in point. Sitting on the sidelines.

That's what LA gave up, not the set in stone demand. You're telling me a package of some mix of Erixon, Dubinsky, Anisimov, MacIlrath, Stepan, our first wouldn't be suitable. LA gave Johnson because they had enough defenseman to trade. Columbus just needed to save face and get a comparable return to their first and Voracek.

I just brought up Carter because there is always a reason for Ranger fans to shy away from the tough trade. Carter's talent commands a much higher price than what was paid, just like Radulov here. We have a chance at a bargain, at a position and skill we are severely lacking. But people worry about overblown curfew stories and the impact on 19 other solid, solid characters.

I heard the NYR were very seriously pursuing Carter and just dropped it to pursue Nash.
Colombus wanted too much obviously but we had no plan B after that, because we moved
Away from the Carter deal.

I agree with your thinking here. Large part of this fanbase now thinks that we’re sitting
On a plethora of top six talent. Krieder looks to be the first top 6 player to come out of this
System since Kovalev.

People don’t want to trade AA or Stepan even with young proven players coming back the other way?
Hagelin is now a top line wing? This is just a by product of fear from the dark ages prior to the lockout.
You would think people would get over the fact that we still need to make trades that can help
This hockey club.

At the very least we were a top six scorer and a vet defenseman away from a SC appearance.
Sather failed at the deadline imo. Sure the asking price was high, but so was the reward!
Now we’re looking to move most likely the same picks, prospects, and players in to improve
Next season...

The past is done. This team needs to make moves to improve top line scoring, depth scoring and defense,
Especially now with Gaborik hurt