View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I've watched Parise plenty.

Parise is skilled, for sure. But that's not the first thing you think of. You think of the fact that he's going to outwork everyone else and bull his way to an area to get a loose puck and keep a play alive, or bang in a rebound.

Radulov is a guy who gets by on his skill and creativity. And he's the kind of player we lack anywhere in our system. What's so hard to grasp about that? It's not disputable.

And furthermore, this really isn't Parise vs Radulov anyway. We may be able to add both. I just think that Radulov fills a HOLE more than Parise does. We have guys comparable to Parise's style. We don't have anyone who is a legit catalyst like a Radulov. Jagr would be great on a one year deal, but I think that ship has sailed, and he's 40. Radulov, at such a low price, is an option to fill a void and improve this team's offense that you cannot ignore.
Youre trying to make an argument that Parise would be redundant and it just doesnt make any sense, because hes such a better player than Radulov.

So, because we lack a guy that can dangle, we should take the 60 point player over the 80 point player who (while also skilled, mind you) gets his points by working harder. Where is the sense in that?