Thread: JvR?
View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 05:30 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
He had 21 goals the 2010-11 season. This year he had 11 goals in 43 games, while I do believe that he's not given enough credit around here considering the injuries he had to try to fight through, he still hasn't been quite near being a 30-goal scorer in the NHL though. So to say that that is his floor seems to be taking it a bit too far, imo. I believe that JvR will be a tremendous player for us and look forward to see him play on Giroux's wing for the next few years, but he still has a lot to show.

I should perhaps note that my main problem with JvR so far into his career isn't the lack of production as much as it is his lack of all around play. I thought he'd be a much more complete player by now, but he is still pretty much lost defensively. He is still young of course and can still develop into a pretty solid two-way player.
He never got it going this year, thats not his fault...but hes STILL SO YOUNG, and his game (powerforward) needs time to develop. Look at hartnell, where was he at JvR's age?

hes close to a 30-30 player, and he is nowhere near jvr's talent lvl

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote