View Single Post
Old
11-26-2003, 06:39 AM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
Its one thing to sit back and say that Joseph is a bargain at $3 million, but its another to actually cough something up. If you think he's areally worth something, then what are you willing to give up to get him? What would the Senators be willing to cough up to get him?
Well, as I said, he's a bargain for any team looking to upgrade themselves in goal, which does limit the market, and would exclude him from Ottawa, since, IMHO, Lalime > Joseph (even with his struggles so far).

That said, I think there are teams out there where Joseph would be a marked improvement, and at $3 mil, they would be able to give up decent roster players. I'm not saying they're going to give up premium youngsters, or top-line talent or anything, but definitely more than draft picks, as you originally claimed.

THe following teams, I think, would express interest in Joseph at $3 mil:
Chicago - With Thibault out (and on the decline), Joseph would make sense.
Rangers - I'm not sold on Dunham, and think Joseph would work there at that price
Boston - Even with Raycroft playing well, they wouldn't mind heding their bets a little
Edmonton - Hinges on being able to liquidate Salo, but would be interested
Buffalo - If they can move Biron, then Joseph can backstop their young team well enough to give them a shot at the playoffs until Miller can take over full-time.