Old
11-26-2003, 07:05 AM
HellsBells

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
Here's how I'd have it:

Bonafide 1st liners: None
Marginal 1st liners: Mike York, Ryan Smyth, Mike Comrie(right now that's what he is and the Oilers have his rights)
2nd liners: Ales Hemsky, Radek Dvorak, Adam Oates, Raffi Torres
3rd liners: Moreau, Isbister, Reasoner(a top notch 3rd liner), Stoll
4th liners: Pisani, Laraque, Horcoff, Salmo, Chimera, Rita

#1 Defensemen: None
#2 Defensemen: Brewer (minus his horrific start this season)
#3 Defensemen: Staios, Smith,Cross
#4 Defensemen: Bergeron, Semenov
#5/6 Defensemen: None

AHL'ers/Press Box: Ferguson, Sarno,

Just as a comment to Mizral. I agree with you that Edmonton lacks the top end talent. However I think you severely underate the Oilers bottom end talent. The Oilers have 3-4 players in the pressbox or on the farm that would be playing for most teams in the NHL including the Canucks.

On a side note, I think the some of the top end talent is coming for the Oilers, it just needs time to develop.

Hemsky will be a star in this league if not a superstar.
Brewer and Semenov both have the potential and have shown glimpses of them both becoming top notch defensemen in this league.

This does not even take into account the prospects that the Oilers have drafted recently. Right now their organization ranking is 7th in the NHL. You would have to believe that at least one top 6 forward will come from their drafts as well.
Take off the homer glasses !! You seriously think that the Oilers have 3 or 4 players in the pressbox/minors that would be playing for the Canucks. Yeah right. They wouldn't even crack the Flames lineup. Sarno, Salmalainen, Stoll, Pisani, Chimera....these guys would not make the Canucks or the Flames. You really are the true defenition of a homer.