View Single Post
Old
11-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
It is called value. Perezhoghin and a pick for a 23 year old 30 goal scorer is crappy value. That is the point. And Perezhogin is a decent prospect but not a top echelon prospect right now.
Ok I see your point there, but at the same time, we haven't seen what Perezhogin can/will do in the show, so at the same time, the trade can just as easily backfire, and burn us far worse than we can even imagine right now.
+ the pick (first rounder) is a pretty steep pick to lose right now. There are no guarantees how good Comrie is outside of Edmonton, as we all know their system (is a great system) is way different than most of the NHL, my bet is no matter where he drops, his points will drop as well.
Add to this the already HUGE problem of lack of size, and Montreal would definately not be solving any problems with that deal.

Perezhogin is relaxing to the different pace of NA life. this kid is I agree a question mark, but he has many strong tools that can very well be beneficial to this team in the future (in fact, he can turn out to be a 30 goal scorer, as he has shown sniping characteristics in Russia, and WJC)... Believe me the habs are in no major race for contention, we are in a youth movement, so it would in turn change to a #'s game. Basically, 2 first rounders (Pere can at least still be called this) for a 30 goal scorer who I can see has potential to drop his point totals here is simply not in our best interests.