View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
28. St. Louis - Hampus Lindholm
"Lindholm is an offensive defenseman with excellent skating ability, who stepped it up at the end of the season with Rögle and with the national U18 team of Sweden. We believe his hockey sense, passing ability and instincts will combine in making him a solid NHLer for years to come."

59. St. Louis - Brady Vail
"Brady promises to become a very solid two-way forward at the NHL level. He is the kind of player you need on your team to win a championship."

67. St. Louis (From Anaheim) - Dane Fox
"Fox is a forward who plays the game at a high energy level and who possesses solid offensive skills. He has improved steadily through the season, and we believe his role as a go-to-guy in Erie will get him a breaktrough season next year."

89. St. Louis - Seth Griffith
119. St. Louis - Kenton Helgesen
149. St. Louis - Collin Olson
179. St. Louis - Warren Steele
209. St. Louis - Alexei Bereglazov

Not too bad from a St. Louis point of view.

Some notes:

Absolutely love the Lindholm pick at 28th overall. I’d be looking hard at two “legacy” players in that spot, Stefan Matteau and Timothe Bozon, as well as Martin Frk, but it’d be very hard to pass on Lindholm if he was still on the board there.

Love Calle Andersson at 57th, too; I’d trade up in the second round just to get him. Too bad he could not have fallen just two more spots.

I think I’d take Lukas Sutter (whom you have at 61st overall) ahead of Brady Vail at 59th overall, but Vail has been on my radar all year, too.

I like either Esa Lindell (whom you have at 68th), Nikita Gusev (69th), or Emil Lundberg (73rd) all better than Dane Fox with the Anaheim pick at 67th overall.

Griffith could be a steal at 89th overall; he’s already 19 going on 20, and not very big at 5’ 11, 180 -- which is probably why CSB doesn’t have him ranked -- but he led the OHL champs in regular-season and playoff scoring, which says something. Close to 60 goals combined in the regular season and playoffs; not bad.

Love the picks of Kenton Helgesen in the fourth round and Collin Olson in the fifth round. Helgesen’s a big LD, just what the doctor ordered for the Blues’ system, and Olson should get plenty of work at Ohio State over the next four years.

I like Anton Zlobin at 124th, and would try to make a deal to get a pick in that range if I were running the Blues draft in order to take him somewhere around that position.

I think the Blues would probably take a flyer on the hometown boy (from Alton, IL, just across the river) Dakota Mermis at 179th, rather than see him go one pick later at 180.

Here's a nice write-up on Warren Steele, who has flown under my radar this year. I don’t know that I’d take him ahead of Mermis, who has championship experience with Green Bay in the USHL and is headed for an elite program at DU next year, but Steele does sound intriguing.

Finally, if I were doing the picking, I’d take a long look at two kids from Vitkovice, Erik Nemec and Ales Kilnar, with a late-round pick. I would probably take one of them over Bereglazov in the seventh round, as both Nemec and Kilnar seem to have more offensive upside than most players picked that late.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote