View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
I'm liking the Cards' draft thus far. They're taking a lot of safe picks that are almost certainly signable. Wacha is one of the best pitching prospects in the draft, and could easily become a solid middle of the rotation type guy. I think they reached a little bit on Ramsey, as I don't see him ever becoming a starter. He's an all around decent player, but doesn't really have any tool that stands out at the moment. I saw a mock draft that had the Cards taking him in the second round and I was still not in favor of it. Hopefully the Cards saw something in him. My favorite pick so far is Piscotty. He honestly sounds a lot like David Freese. Only exception is that he'll probably hit for a better average, but not as much power as Freese. I like him as a player, but I don't see how he fits into the organization as it's currently constructed. Maybe in 5 years or so when Freese 34 and likely declining he'll have a shot to replace him. Baseball prospects are so difficult to project though, so who knows.