View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 11:46 PM
cleangene

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Just curious, but why? I mean, they're both solid players, but they're basically the same player, with Fisher being a little more physical. But I would think they would want a guy down the middle who can get 65-75pts per season on a consistent basis. Whereas both Fisher and Legwand are more realistically 50-60pt guys. I realize the system in Nashville is a huge part of your success over the years, but it also seemed that they tried to open it up a bit with the Kostitsyn bros. & Radulov, although it blew up a bit, I think a large portion of that can be attributed to those specific individuals as opposed to a loosening of the system of sorts.

Just the thoughts of a fan who doesn't watch the Preds too often, so please correct if I'm completely and totally wrong.
I should have qualified that statement with, "as long as the present administration is here..." The Trotz/Poile philosophy is tied to this mentality that goal tending, defense, and THEN offense is going to be the way things are done on the ice. Leggy and Fish (btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow) epitomize this type of play from the center position.