Old
06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post

Ok.

Let's not see what the price of Luongo is, kick the tires on Harding, check in on Kipper, make a call or two for Lindback, or explore other options like Niemi or Hiller. Let's just go all in with Vokoun right at the beginning. Right. Good strategy.
Well he was essentially a freebie which none of the above figure to be so it does seem illogical. I don't think the injury issue was the cause. Many goalies, including Lu, have come back from severe groin injuries, and 36 is not that old based on the length of time they need him for. Personality, fit with the other goalies or something along those lines, but it must have been significant for them to discount what has been a really solid career and a cheap buy in price.

This obviously makes Luongo seem more likely, and i think Nonis mentioning they won't offer the cap circumventing deals but they might trade for one??? seems to open a door Burke had always implied was closed. Granted he could be referring to a player who was better than Luongo (hadn't just lost his job to a younger player) but why would he bring that up now if not for the goalie situation? Is there a center out there? (eep Vinny)

The only thing preventing a Luongo deal, short of overpaying for someone who can't win the big games, is that Burke says they think Reimer is a #1 and they want someone to work with him. Luongo puts him as a #2 until he is 30. I did not know Niemi was even on the market but forcost and term he would seem to be a better fit.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote