View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
LongIslandCircus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
He pulled the same crap with Hamonic 20 seconds later and Hamonic got the extra penalty for it.

Wow, that sucks, I wouldn't be able to deal with that, especially around the time Simmonds had it out for Tavares and went to the newspaper to tell him to pull a Lindros with the Isles.

The trio of Aucoin, Hamrlik and Jonsson was strong, the three after

A good number four would have been terrific, especially considering how fragile Jonsson was. I don't want to complain too much about it because Milbury did what he could to turn the team around as fast as possible (horrible in hindsight) but going from last to 5th in the East was a nice feat. Too bad he couldn't sustain anything or get the team into the second round.
I truly believe that team went to the second round had they acquired a steady number 4. Milbury had the right intentions bring in Niinima the year after....just the wrong player for the job.

I always thought Brendan Witt would've been an ideal fit for that 2002 team. Could play top 4 minutes and bring a physical edge that was missing with Jonsson/Aucoin and Hamrlik.

O well, fun to think about the "what ifs" of the past

LongIslandCircus is offline   Reply With Quote