View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Don't know how anyone could be confident of Martin going forward. I watch the way LA forechecks and wonder if Martin would last more than 2 games before being taken out on a gurney.
It sounds like an over-simplified argument but I think guys like Martin are going to disappear from this league eventually. If you are undersized for a D (as he is in this league), then you better either: a) have a great PP game; or b) have some nasty to your game. If you have neither and are merely a good skater / positional player, you're going to get steamrolled every playoff. I think the only way to get away with being that positional guy, is to be a bigger guy that can't be pushed around. Martin achieved Whitney-like levels of soffness this year at times. The guy has no fire at all IMO.

Z is at least a great shot blocker and will get a pass for his hip injury for now. Niskanen is too small also, but definitely has some offensive upside / PP upside and at least has some fight in his game as we saw a couple times this playoff.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote