View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Which of these 2 questions do you want us to answer?

1. Which of these guys should get into the HHOF based on the standards that have been set by the committee?

2. Which of these guys should get into the HHOF based on our own personal standards?

I think a lot of us would have fewer inductees than there actually are, which makes these two questions have different answers.
good questions. I agree the committee has set standard way too low.
my personal standards are much higher. I can't believe the hall of fame is now the hall of pretty good. they are supposed to respresent the best players in the history of hockey.

a very good example is Bernie Federko.
there is no freaking way in hell he should be in the hall of fame. Those types of players lessen the honor of induction. I don't think you could convince me he is one of the best players ever and deserves to be there.

Living in Edmonton and being an Oiler fan, I'll give another example. I love Glenn Anderson and he was one of my favorite players.
I honestly think he's questionable for the hall of fame.
He was a very good player, and his playoff stats are better than most. but is he really hall of fame material, or just a guy who was a cut above the average player in the league.

Last edited by Gord: 06-05-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote