View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 01:02 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it looks fine, the only question is do you want to sign a vet now or give an asset to plug the vet dman spot in Feb.

also, there should be some asset from a radulov trade, although I guess it could be a pick.
I brought this up with two bits of information in mind:

1) Cigarran's comment about the Preds being a cap team

2) Mirtle's tweet on how if the owners get their way a 50/50 cut would lead to the same cap number as last year. 64.3 million.

The team posted above would be 800K under the cap, about the same as Poile usually stops with the mid-point. I give Weber and Suter 7.5 million, Parise 7, Wilson 3, SK 2.75, Yip .7, Lindback .9, Blum .8, McG .65.

Now the owners want 50% but with each increase in percentage that means the cap goes up. I personally believe it will stop at 52% leading to a cap of 66.8. Which means you could replace Bartley with Cube. Yip with Tootoo, Lindback traded for a 1 Million $ vet.

Fact is, Poile can go in knowing the budget with be a min of 64.3 and hope for an increase. If the Preds pinch pennies, they can sign Weber, Suter, and Parise if they like.

I have Wilson at 3 million because I have ZERO idea what the guy will be paid. He's highly overrated and could give Legwand a run for his money as the bigger 1st rder bust.

If the cap goes up, make a move for Radulov and Lindback and get picks and prospects back. if anything, get a 1st and 2nd back and maybe a vet goalie.