View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Pharseer

vCash: 50
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingsneverlast View Post
I almost can't believe this.... At a total loss for words right now.

I hope everyone has a great Game 4 and we'll be celebrating together.

Come on boys!
I am right there with you! Since the thread was locked I was working on, I want to share with you what I wrote:

Kings fans are a breed apart!

Noone understands the years we went through like another Kings fans, you all have been great! I started with the Kings as far back as I can remember, the early 70's at the very least!! My parents weren't ones to allow Hockey past bedtime, so I would wait till my goodnights were said, and then I would turn on the radio/eventually a TV in my dark room, and listen to the games. I would keep the volume very low, but I never missed a Kings game!

We used to have Laker game tickets, and I would go out in the halls of the fabulous forum, during the Lakers game, and look at the pictures of the new Kings team on the walls. As a child I never understood why people would root for a basketball team that had so many championship banners already? What was there to root for?

I KNEW I wanted to root for the Kings, they had nothing at that point. Not even a Western Conference title. So I grew up watching the Triple Crown Line, and then even when I was sent away to school on the east coast , 3000 miles away, I went to New Haven CT, every weekend to see the New Haven Nighthawks play, they were the Kings farm team at the time.

It made me feel close to my team seeing the young guys play before they made the big club. Whenever I could I would go watch the Hartford Whalers play the Kings, the Whale had Gordie Howe, Brendan Shanahan, and Brad Mcrimmon (may he rest in peace and always be remembered!) on their roster, and as great as those guys were, I was all about the Kings! Rocking the purple and gold, to every game I could, on both coasts.

I hated being 3000 miles away from home at 11 years old, it was tough, I didn't know anyone, and the Kings/Nighthawks made me feel as close to home as I could possibly be.

So to all the fans who waited, those coming aboard, you are all a part of something very special, something you will never forget, and something that one day may change your life as it did mine. The Los Angeles Kings are a part of my heart and soul forever.

One more win Kings!

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote