View Single Post
Old
04-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
If I am not mistaken, it been several years sinse I actually looked this up, the left side of the brain controls the right side and the right side controls the left. The artist side, writing drawing, music...etc, is controlled by the left side of the brain.

However, it is true, that this sometimes this doesn't hold true to the fact that some people can do both or are better than one way that the other way.

I was merely stating a fact on how the mechanic of a sweep shot works and how to get the most out of your movements.

The basics of it is to understand where the power come from and then select a stick, right or left, the will help you use that power.

I have seen kids that write right, but shoot right. I have ask ther parents, how did it come to them that there child should shoot right. They all say, "well, we just thought."

So I would go with the left/right brain theory first (if I had a child going into hockey) then see which comfortable way is for him/her to shoot.

The reason why I say this is...
Once you have selected your shooting habit, sometimes it very hard to change. The way you shoot controls pretty much every aspect of your game. How you enter the attacking zone...etc.

Head coach
www.passthepuck.net

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote