Old
06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I think you're being a bit dramatic.

Richard Bachman turned 22 year old in July of 2009, and he spent most of that following season in the ECHL.

Tyler Beskorowany just turned 22 years old in April. If he spends next season mostly in the ECHL, it's not bad for his development. I think you can certainly blame much of last year on poor coaching, but it's pretty clear his confidence was shot. He's not starting from scratch, and he'll actually get to play a ton should he go to the ECHL next year (a great development league for goalies it seems).

Nihlstorp is going to be a one year experiment in the AHL. He's not going to toil in the minors for years to get a shot. At his age, it's NHL or back to Europe where he can be successful.

At absolute worst, he pushes Beskorowany out of the AHL for a single year. In that time, Besko gets a ton of games to rebuild his confidence. It's not a wasted year by any stretch of the imagination.

The following year is likely NHL or bust for the Swede which means he's either pushing Bachman out or returning to Europe in all likelihood.
I agree Besko is still young and has time. But it just feels since the day we drafted Campbell, Besko was removed from the Stars long term plan.

I supposed the possibility also exists that they plan on shopping Bachman this offseason to a team like Columbus.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote