View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

vCash: 500
I'm thinking someone like Brad Boyes can really help us and get signed on the cheap. I know he hasn't come near the numbers he put up a few years ago but lets be honest, if he was we wouldn't have a shot at him. So here is someone that has shown with talent around him he could fill the net, he can play physical and at 30 years old still has something left in the tank. I'm also assuming that we would have to pay about half what he's making this year 1.5-2.0mil per year.

I would like to retain PAP at a reasonable amount also but I think someone is going to pay him quite a bit for numbers that he doesn't fully create himself.

Also I would like to take a flyer on someone like Matt Gilroy (Going to have to make sense money-wise), someone that can find his game but hasn't yet instead of the usual Jurcina, Eaton type. No knock on these players but its obvious we will have to catch lightning in a bottle more than once to be successful with money restraints....going to have to take chances on players that haven't put it all together yet instead of Rolston or Weight that in no way can carry or even help our team.

So far Moulson, Grabner and PAP have come here under the same pretents, I think both Boyes and Gilroy can make an impact on this team. Thoughts?