View Single Post
Old
11-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Mizral

vCash: 500
If you read down my post, you would have noticed that I would have Smyth & York stradling the 1st/2nd line area. Both can be 1st liners some nights, 2nd liners other nights. The only reason I put them at 2nd liners is because the point totals seem to reflect 2nd liners more than 1st.

Maybe I underrate Reasoner. I just don't like him

As for Stoll, 9 games in and you're saying he's an NHL player? I don't see any of you putting Jani Rita in as a 4th liner, when he's played and scored more at the NHL level than Stoll. You've gotta play more than 9 NHL games to be considered a 4th line regular in the NHL, that is, unless you're lighting the lamp at a ridiculous rate.

Elphy, I think I agreed with most of your post but.. think you bite too fast on Torres though. Do you think King is a bonefide 2nd liner? I certainly don't, same goes for Torres. You gotta proove that kind of thing over a long period of time, which is the main basis for me putting Stoll, Salmo, Rita, etc.. off the main depth chart. These guys could very easily fall into long pointless streaks and get thrown into the AHL full time if they aren't already there. They are still very young, and to say they are bonefide NHL'ers is just plain wrong in my opinion. Not saying they won't be down the road, but I don't think they are yet.

I think you overrate Cross to ridiculous lengths though. Cross a #3 defenseman? On which team?