View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Funk311

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I have no problem dumping Martin's ass but I think I would caution anyone wanting to get rid of Michalek too. I think it's a lot of turnover in one year and honestly, we're all THAT confident in these prospects? Don't get me wrong I REALLY like what I've seen from them and many around here know I'm a little too hard to please most of the time, but as solid as they were most of the time they were also part of that unit that crapped the bed at the end of the year against the Sens and Isles when the wheels fell off the defense.

I'm just saying lets temper our expectations a little here. Michalek is a good player and a definite top 4 guy through an 82 games seasons plus playoffs. We have absolutely no clue if any of those guys are ready for that yet. Playing well in spots is totally different than bringing it all season.
I get caught in the absoluteness around here at times. That was so much of we should have these corps as it was just to raise the point of comparison. Either way, i think we need to make our drafts and money go further. It is only in that regard that I might be ok with losing Z. Z had a surgery right after the post season (or some medical procedure) so he could have been far less than 100% for awhile.

Its very delicate and not an easy call, but I tend to look at big picture themes and in that regard would like to see more ROI from some parts of our roster and player management.

I also think there would be significant growing pains at times with that much turnover. With Sid Geno Letang Neal and Staal i don't think we ever would be out of the top 8 though. So I would be willing to go through that pain to right the ship a bit when it comes to working the draft into the roster, and freeing up dollars to be in a better position long term.

Funk311 is offline   Reply With Quote