Thread: News Article: Kuba Won't Be Back
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2012, 06:11 PM
sensfan65

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post
We might have an inside track to Gill. He loved MTL, so did his family. His kids wanted to stay and were learning french. Only 2 hours away so he doesn't have to move his family very far if he moves them at all. I think his summer house is near Boston.

On the ice, we know he's a shotblocking beast. Off the ice, he's a mentor to the young players. 1 year of mentoring
Cowen would do wonders for his development.

He says he wants to play a couple years more before considering starting to coach. Could be Richardson 2.0

We have cap space. We have a roster spot for him. We have a gaping hole for a shot blocking D.Only problems I see is his age, skating, offensive skills and maybe he wants to sign with a strong cup contender to close his playing career.

1 year deal at 3mil. Slight overpayment just to better our chances, but it's not like we're desperate for cap space.

I'd love to see him sign here for a year, but he's not the type of player a rebuilding team goes after. But for 1 year, the mentoring he does off/on ice could help Cowen and others a lot down the
road.
I like this idea he seems like a great team guy and can help some of our young defenseman thrive defensively.

sensfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote