View Single Post
Old
04-01-2006, 01:07 PM
hosehead

vCash: 500
OT -- Leaf jokes from todays Toronto Sun

Maybe I shouldn't kick them while their down .... yeah right -- who am I kidding ??

From Bill Lankhof's column in the Toronto Sun :

"Jokers wild

The Leafs might be knee deep in fertilizer, but the fans, at least, haven’t lost their sense of humour. Here’s a selection from readers who have decided it is better to laugh than cry:

1: Why doesn’t Hamilton have an NHL team, asks an e-mailer. Because then Toronto would want one, too.

2. How many Leaf fans does it take to change a light bulb? Six. One to change the bulb and five to tell everyone how good the old one used to be.

3. The league should move the Leafs to a division where they’d be more competitive. Like the protozoan.

4. Pat Quinn took $100 million worth of hockey players to Turin, says an e-mailer, and in just two weeks he turned them into the Leafs.

5. A man buys a big-screen TV and invites his buddy to watch the Leafs play. When they score the first goal the guy’s dog barks, jumps up and down, wags its tail and gets him a beer.

“Wow that’s amazing,” the friend says. “What does he do after the Leafs win the game?”

The guy says, “Oh, I don’t know. I’ve only had him for a couple months.”

hosehead is offline   Reply With Quote