View Single Post
06-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Ethereal Whisper
La Reine des Neiges
vCash: 444
Made my return to the ice tonight for the first time in nearly 6 years. It was quite a blast! Went to two consecutive adult hockey skills classes at the local rink; only one goalie showed up for the second one so two of the three of us from the first one stuck around for it.

Had to use some loaner skates (pinched like hell) and pants (meh) since some of my gear is still being shipped back to me. Forgot socks too, kind of embarrassing to have to ask random strangers in the locker room to borrow a pair.

As for the ice, I almost picked up right where I left off. Had some trouble on the glove side, and let in a couple cheap ones on the blocker side too. Two-pad slides to the right felt great and nearly impossible to the left until I suddenly did a beautiful one almost on complete instinct not even thinking about what I was doing. Would have been a highlight-reel save except the guy elected to not shoot. Then I struggled to get back up, hah.

Also, I had forgotten my stick is backwards-handed (despite looking over my gear for a week or so before going back out) and the tape kept falling off on the ice. I'll need to get a new one.

Great night though. Great to be back to hockey.

Ethereal Whisper is online now   Reply With Quote