NHL Draft Combine 2012
View Single Post
06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Join Date: Feb 2008
I posted a short blurb on our website. I'll share a few short tidbits based on conversations with NHL teams last weekend.
- Grigorenko pleasantly surprised a few teams during interviews. "Interview didn't match laziness on ice" as one NHL staffer told me.
- Galchenyuk really helped his cause both with great interviews and he showed his health is fine. I spoke to several teams in the Czech Republic and even at that time, not one team i spoke to had concerns. If any teams did, I think the Combine erased them.
- I asked Tom Wilson if it was true that Velucci told him not to hit so hard (I had heard that) he told me it was basically true. He said at times he had to tone it down because he was getting penalties. I said "for clean hits that made a lot of noise?" Wilson said "yes."
- I really liked Tomas Hertl. I had to speak to him through an interpreter
translator but the kid's personality came through. He gave good answers to all my questions.
- Quite a few players told me they are planning to come to the CHL. One player (if memory serves it was Vainonen)told me "Olli Maatta told me it was a good place to play." If you're fave CHL team is poor, don't get too excited about seeing a Euro stud anyime soon. Most don't come cheap.
View Public Profile
Mark Edwards's albums
Visit Mark Edwards's homepage!
Find More Posts by Mark Edwards