Old
06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
idk, i think he could contribute right away
Eh, most scouts agree that he needs one more season to dominate juniors and solidify himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Grigs is really not that worth arguing over. He WILL not be there at 20. Just won't happen. It would be like Couturier dropping to 20 last year.

Teams at 8-14 are salivating over Grigs falling to them. Flyers at 20... it's a pipe dream. Craig Button is the only prospect evaluator that has him at 20... everyone else... I mean everyone I've seen.... he's top 8. The chances that all teams subscribe to Button's rankings versus their own which probably run the gambit (like other projections) is nil.

As for us at 20, part of me wonders if the Flyers don't seriously consider a guy like Wilson with the pick. Talk about a kid who fits the Flyers tradition. I want Koekkoek, but I could easily see them taking Hertl or Wilson over a defenseman.
I would be happy with Hertl, but not Wilson. Koekkoek is behind Finn and Lindholm for me. I'd honestly maybe take Hertl before Koekkoek. Whoever takes Hertl is going to take a steal, hands down. But I do think a defender is more important to the team.