View Single Post
Old
06-06-2012, 01:40 PM
idk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Actually I would put money on it that Edmonton would pull the trigger in a heart beat who is better Price or Dubnyk? Just a first for Price is actually the terrible overpayment my friend. Edmonton does need D so say if they did get price (which will never ever happen by the way...what a joke) they could trade Dubnyk OR JUST DRAFT RYAN MURRAY which they should do.
I don't know about that.

I mean smart money says you take the established young player and trade the potential unknown, but at this juncture I'm not sure they want to do this. Yes, Price is miles above Dubnyk, but is Price miles above Dubnyk + Yapukov (or Dubnyk + Murray).

Trading goalies is always a funny thing that way. Their value to a team is more dependent on the current state of the team than any other position. But that's neither here nor there.

I agree, if Edmonton wants Ryan Murray they should draft him. And that's why Montreal's offer can be lower than Price/Subban & our first (something Lafontaine proposed elsewhere). Essentially you say to Edmonton "we're not going to draft Murray, and Columbus isn't going to draft Murray (we've paid them off) so you can take Murray first, or you can take Murray third and get an upgrade on your third rounder (to a second rounder) and Weber besides".