View Single Post
Old
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I agree about Wideman and the need for a nasty defender.

You lost me at Coburn and Gus being good puck movers.
Coburn was a good puck mover when he got to Philadelphia. People seem to forget that his first season as a Flyer, he scored 36 points, so he knows how to handle a puck. Over the past few years, he's been asked to take on a more defensive role. I'd have no problems with Coburn being asked to be a puck mover again now that he's got a guy like Grossmann playing next to him.

Gustafsson has shown great promise as being a puck carrier. His wrist injury that he suffered killed any momentum he had going. With that being said, this is a very important year for Gustafsson coming up. If his puck carrying ability really starts off well to begin the season, then I can see his confidence soaring and really becoming a stalwart on the D. If for some reason or another he handles the puck like a hot potato or becomes completely overwhelmed by things, then he's as good as gone.

Anyways, I think there's a lot of untapped potential in Gustafsson and Coburn always had puck carrying capability. For some reason, that aspect of the D doesn't worry me at all.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote