View Single Post
Old
06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Ignore42me*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I guess what I'm saying is this. I think he wouldn't have had the numbers he had in Colorado if they hadn't had such an ole defense and needed to win games 9-5 like that one game where he killed us. That's why they traded Shattenkirk and aimed for EJ so many offensive D, so few defensive D. And I think they realized that Stewart's numbers were inflated by that run-and-gun system. He'd put those same numbers up on a team like Toronto or Ottawa but never on a team like the Kings or Blues as the Blues are currently constructed.

Maybe hiring a nutritionist and ok for serial really trying this time he'll have a big rebound year, but just objectively, the odds are against it. Because his two way play is poor, he really has to put up over .7 PPG to justify a top six role on this team; Oshie and Steen at .65-.68 are far more valuable given all their other attributes that Stewart lacks and will continue to lack even IF he becomes a more effective rebound cleaner. That means Stewart needs to put up 58 or more points to justify being a top six player in St. Louis. If he's not doing that, really, what's so bad about salvaging value? It also means he has to double his production or else he's a 3.25M third liner on a budget team with other valuable options riding the pine because of the glut.
While i often disagree with Kimzey, you clearly didnt read what he said. Id add Stewart has all the physical attributes to be a solid two-way player and his conditioning was a big reason he was always behind in the play. Along with not being acclimated to any game other then run-and-gun. The thing from past seasons is that we've seen he know how to get to ther front of the net and what to do. What makes you so sure that he cant succeed next season.