Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIII
View Single Post
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
HF Hall of Famer
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by
GMGM is pretty secretive about what he does, no one even knew Vokoun was shopping himself, yet they know the top destinations for certain UFA which they are just full of **** lying and supporting evidence is where their family is or where they were born.
Suter's Tavern, also known officially as The Fountain Inn, was a tavern located in Georgetown, which later became part of
and it served as Georgetown's best-known hostelry until the emergence of several newer taverns in the 1790s.
John Suter established the tavern in the late 18th century in Georgetown on Fishing Lane, near today's intersection of 31st and K Streets, NW. Though the precise location of the tavern is not entirely clear, it is known to have been located about two blocks southwest of the Old Stone House, where Mr. Suter's son, John Jr., resided. The building that housed the tavern has been described as a small building, one and half stories, with a large inn yard in back to accommodate coaches and wagons. Suter continued to operate this tavern until his death in 1794, after which his wife continued running it until early 1796. By February of that year, Clement Sewall had taken over operations of the Fountain Inn, but by December 1796, he had left to operate the newly-built City Tavern (now the City Tavern Club). Eventually, Suter's Fountain Inn became an oyster-house and ultimately disappeared without record.
George Washington and other notable residents frequented the tavern, which was the site of land deals involved in establishing Washington as the "Federal City".
In other words...
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by IkeaMonkey*