View Single Post
Old
06-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
For the sake of it, here's what I'd want to see:

Hamilton: Groulx in charge with Houle and Bouchard (for the D's) as assistants. I would not have minded to keep Ladouceur though but in Hamilton. Tourigny could also be in play.

Montreal: Therrien with Mario Tremblay as an assistant and Robinson, Desjardins or JJ. Daigneault (who is coaching in the AHL) for the D's or anybody else that I don't think of that is experimented for D's.

Now...as far as Mario Tremblay is concerned...hear me out. I hated his tenue as coach as far as the mess with Roy is concerned, so for that alone, I guess nobody wants to see him near a Habs bench for this life and the next after. But my reasoning is that I wanted Lemaire. So the only way you have Lemaire behind the bench, is by getting the guy who was near him for how many years again? Tremblay in an assistant coaching position is at his place. And for whatever weaknesses Therrien might have, I wouldn't mind having Tremblay give some Lemaire type of help when it's needed.

That way, you groom your coaches for the future in Hamilton to prepare for the post-Therrien era. And you surround yourself with proven winners with the Habs.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote