View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 12:11 AM
SaskRinkRat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
How do you know it's not the case? Do you know them personally? I don't think so. Not even close.

Not a big fan of Therrien as a coach, but for the rest, I like. Most of the people hired are young, brash and part of the new 'breed' of managerial fellows in the NHL: Mellanby was highly regarded. Lapointe has experience and if his role is to be the Claude Ruel of today, I say yay! Finally! Martin will probably be able to stay closer to home and will love it. Plus, I would personally listen to Martin Lapointe trying to teach me how to be a professionnal if I were a wannabie. The guy won and played hard.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize you'd met them all and come to know them well on a personal level. Forgive me if I've offended any of your friends.

What I'm saying is that they have a certain pedigree: NHL hockey players. Most guys who make it to the NHL don't have a lot of time to develop their skills in other areas like statistics, analytics, sports psychology, systems thinking, etc. If we were hiring only a single person, it might make sense to debate whether that person should come from a hockey pedigree, or an outsider pedigree, but since we seem to be hiring half of the people ever born in Montreal, we might as well balance it out a little.

SaskRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote