View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Do you know if Puempel has a list of teams... If so do you know who? My guess would be Windsor, Kitchener maybe Plymouth? Don't think he is a London kind of guy...
From what I have been told this is the problem, it is not a list, it is one team, and that team is Oshawa. Yes, Oshawa. Who's there? Jeff Twohey, the GM that brought Puempel into the OHL. Sounds like a perfect recipe for a wacky rumor, doesn't it? Unfortunately it isn't just rumor.

How on earth could we deal our Captain and most talented goalscorer to our biggest rival and a team just minutes down the road and in our same division? This is why I am in the belief that the Ottawa Senators organization may advise Puempel to stay put or loosen his demands. It would be like Jason Spezza from Ottawa saying "trade me to Toronto, that's the only place i'll go". That just isn't easy to do. It's near impossible to do.

This is why this trade is near impossible to make. Like I said, unless he loosens his demands, he'll likely remain a Pete. This is also why it has not hit the media, nor has the Petes side commented or leaked anything to the media and neither has Puempel or his agent, it's all being kept quiet by the parties involved, for obvious reasons. Either it's being dealt with internally and quietly to get done OR it is simply not going to be done. The latest I was told was Dave Reid has stated bluntly that he is not trading Matt Puempel.