View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Let's take a logical look at this for a second. We are fairly sure Suter wants to go to a team in a smaller market that has a chance to win and has a good environment for this family. Let's take a look at those 3 criteria:

Not wanting a big market eliminates NYR, NJD, NYI, LA, TOR, MTL, CHI, and VAN I would argue Detroit, Philly, and Pittsburgh belong here too, depending on whether he means big market or big city.

Chance to win: eliminates, say, the bottom 10 teams from this year. CLB, ANA, MIN, CAR, TBL, COL, WPG, EDM (others are big markets)

I'm not even going to delve into "good for family" becuase that will just start a flame war.

That leaves: St. Louis, Boston, Phoenix, San Jose, Florida, Washington, Ottawa, Calgary, Dallas, Buffalo, and us

Not necessarily a final list, and you can argue, say, that Colorado appeals to him becuase it's a team on the rise and etc., just thinking out loud.
I think Suter could make a couple of those teams teams under the "chance to win" group a lot better. Could be because I'm a homer but I'm thinking the Avs are one of those teams. Maybe the Ducks, Wild, and Lightning as well.

Also, Avs weren't in the bottom 10 this season. We were the 11th worst team.

Would Suter even consider Canadian teams like the Sens and Flames? If he doesn't want a big market, then I'm guessing all Canadian teams are out.