Thread: Salary Cap: Capology 2012-13
View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Dumoulin would have to really beat the doors down to make the club. JR is probably going to want to take the same developmental approach with him as he did with Faulk and Murphy. If he does make the roster, he'll only be there briefly and will then play some time in Charlotte depending upon how quickly he picks it up.

The locks for Charlotte include Krueger, Jordan, Bellemore, and Dumoulin.

I could see Kivisto, Rissanen, Levi, Schmitz and Sova being options for the remaining two spots in Charlotte.

I feel that Sova and Schmitz will almost certainly start in Florida. I don't anticipate Kivisto being anything of note either. Rissanen likely takes a spot in Charlotte by virtue of familiarity if nothing else. I think Levi also commands a place in Charlotte. That would give them six in Charlotte.

The battle between Bobby Sanguinetti and Derek Joslin for who becomes the "veteran defender" for Charlotte to step in for whatever kid is rotated out of the lineup will be decided in camp. Charlotte likely carries eight defenders most of the season due to being able to have different looks at different players. The shuttle between Florida and Charlotte for the defense will be active. I don't think Carolina fears losing either Sanguinetti or Joslin to waivers especially at the start of the season when teams annually shuttle their overage prospects down to the AHL and in what amounts to near collusion, everybody agrees not to poach the veteran prospects for the most part due to the risk reward being so razor thin.