View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Barilko14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoen View Post
How often do you guys see NHL players in the offseason, and how often is it when they are actually 'working out'? It seems like everytime I see these guys there either a)out partying at 5am, b) at steakhouses, or c) signing autographs.

Strangely enough, I ran into Phil Kessel at the Bellagio in Vegas yesterday. No..no..he wasn't sleeping. I was even shocked he wasnt. In typical Phil Kessel fashion though, when I yelled 'Phil Kessel!', he looked over with no emotion, nodded and said 1/2 a 'hey'. More words than I was expecting from him!

Few months ago I saw Dan Carcillo in a steakhouse in Chicago eating the biggest fudge sundae I've ever seen. Tried to get a picture, but the lighting wasn't great. But Dan's hurt...put the pounds on
How many players do you think work out 14+ hours/day? I doubt many are still working out past 6PM (the times you and others will see them).

The typical schedule I've heard for professional hockey players is take a couple weeks off after the season. Then get into a 5 day per week, 2 session/day workout routine averaging around 5 hrs/day.

Barilko14 is offline   Reply With Quote