Old
06-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Wow....both Crosby and Malkin are going to be extended in a 2 year span?!?! That sucks. There goes at least 17-20 mill.
You think they're going to more than double their yearly salaries? That isn't even possible

FWIW Crosby and Staal have a full year left under their current deals while Malkin and Letang have two more years left...they'll just sign their new deals a year ahead of time. Letang and Staal are the ones that'll eat up cap space, especially Letang. I'm not worried about Crosby or Malkin requiring huge pay raises over what they're currently making...max I see them taking is $9.5 million a year each, which would be an overall raise of $1.6 million between the two of them. Letang will probably add about $3 million a year to his current deal, on the other hand.

The important thing is that Martin deal. That's $5 million in movable salary. The cap isn't a huge concern for Pittsburgh right now, but Radulov would definitely take up the majority of wiggle room we have right now.

I don't like the kid and I wouldn't want him for anything under normal circumstances...but the Shero and Malkin connections say to me that if Radulov was going to get his act together, Pittsburgh may be the best place for that to happen.

At the end of the day I expect him to end up back in Russia for a ridiculous contract that'll take him through the Sochi games and then we'll re-visit this mess again in 2 or 3 years.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif