View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 01:17 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Campbell isn't showing the signs of being anything close to a franchise goaltender in my eyes and you're going to have Lehtonen long enough that at best you'll have a Cory Schneider situation and I don't think he has that potential. If you can get value for him now, I would.
See, this is what I don't like. You, along with most other non-Stars fans on here (I know you are one, though), don't ever watch Campbell, you just look at the stats. His stats are terrible. But look at the systems he was playing under. Pretty much pure offense, run and gun. Not even the most elite goalies can put up great numbers with a system like that. Look at Fleury, for example.

If you actually get out and watch him, he's something special. Compare his AHL stats to Bachman and Besko (small stint, though) and they're actually great. I can't wait to see him under a better system, one that actually plays defense, next season just to prove all of those haters wrong. Every coach or player he's played under/with has said he's a tremendous goalie and is often the reason they're even in the game. He's still got franchise potential, and he's been living up it so far.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote