Old
06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
Murphy isn't going back to juniors, I heard someone say something about how he doesn't have much left to prove there. We have a lot of d to work with, no doubt. I can't see jr allowing more than one youngster to play up with the canes with Faulk taking a top 6 spot. Likely the kids will rotate in and out, and I can't help but think jr picks up a vet for "stability" if Allen and spacek leave.
I believe it was the man himself, JR, making that statement. I tend to agree with him for the most part but the only thing is that the choice that has to be made is CHL or NHL and that is a tough one to make. Especially when our current group tends to already lean towards soft and offensive. I just don't know if at the end of the day we're going to have any better choices than sending him back to the OHL, letting him play a big part in the WJC, and hoping that he can fine tune the rest of his game.

I mean, the possibility of a 9 game stint is certainly there and would probably make sense to have a look-see. I just don't know if the direct leap is the best choice for Murphy. Of course, I was skeptical of Faulk last year at this time too. More than skeptical actually. I wanted him to spend a full year in the A.