: News Article:
SBD Interview with Pegula
View Single Post
06-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Originally Posted by
Yeah Injuries mean a lot... There is
no correlation between man games lost and games won last year
. Its a complete splatter plot...
That's not true. You can't take two pieces of statistical data, cross reference them, and come to that conclusion in an interactively complex system like the NHL. Off the top of my head, data that isn't being considered in that chart:
- Which players are injured? What is their importance to the team?
- Clusters. Are players being injured in clusters, or are they spread out over time?
- Team depth at injury positions. What type of depth do teams with injuries have at those positions?
- Style of play. Does the team play a style that requires specific types of player, or uses similar style players. Defensive, trap, offensive style?
- Competition. What teams are being played, in which division, at what time? What was their injury status? What was their status before injuries?
It's far, far too complex to capture in that single chart.
View Public Profile
Der Jaeger's albums
Find More Posts by Der Jaeger