View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

vCash: 500
Here is an honest question...which team was the last team to win the stanley cup with an average to mediocre group of centers?

Hanzal and vermette are second line centers and gordon is a fourth line center.

There are three ways to aquire a first line center...draft, ufa, trade.

We dont have one in our prospect pool now and unlikely to draft one this year. Any that we do draft are still years away from filling that role.

UFA...There are very few quality centers available..hell Jokinen is near the top of the list if that tells you anything. There are good role guys like Stoll that Id love to have but I dont see the answer in UFA. Even if there were centers we are not the ideal team to sign with for a lot of guys.

That leaves trade. There are few teams out there in a situation where they would consider trading that caliber of center. The teams that are recognize the value of these players and they wont be traded cheaply. You have to give up value. That could come through Yandle or Gormley and Boedker or picks etc. Its going to end up being something you dont want to part with though. You arent going to get a first line center for Tikhonov, Goncharov and a 2nd.

I dont want to lose Yandle but Id rather be watching the Coyotes in the finals right now. Maybe Im alone but until we fix the center problem I doubt we get any closer than we did this year.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote