View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Staal for Yandle in the WCF doesn't beat the kings.
The Coyotes had a great run and it was commendable, but they have some serious deficiencies which make it a run not likely to be repeated. Career years from aging players, some breakout playoff performances, and Smith playing out of his mind. The odds of just one of those things happening again next season isn't so hot.
We will never know if we could have beat them with staal. What we can say is that we definitely did not beat them with yandle.

The teams that reach that next level are the teams willing to pay value to get what they need. the kings gave up quite a bit fir richards and carter but if they win it will be the first time in the franchise and worth it. If the Devils come back and win it will be because of guys like Kovalchuk they went out and paid the price for. I agree its unlikely things will ome together the way they did last year with the roster. That would seem to be even more of a reason to make a move for me.

And to say Staal just isnt that good would be like saying Hanzal is a border line NHL player who only scored 8 goals this year. Staal is good player and would have a huge impact on this team. The contract issue is a serious concern but I dont see any other reason.

Last edited by Redcoyote: 06-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote