View Single Post
Old
06-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicon1 View Post
I don't really see that as fair at all. With the luxury tax change cap space is at even more of a premium. If we're providing them with all that space there's no need to include the pick. If it's Kleza+ed+calderon, then yeah you're probably including the pick. But Bayless+Davis? No way. Gay is a very good player, but one being payed an elite salary.
Cap space is premium, sure, but you don't just give away players like Gay. Memphis won't give him away, they'd have other suitors who would pay more than Kleiza + Davis + Calderon. The guy has averaged 19 points and 6(ish) boards for pretty much his entire career. Incredibly consistent. He's a damn good player, and even though cap space will be the primary motivating reason they are trading him, they won't give him away for nothing. He's not Hedo useless.

Not only, I believe with the proposed package, they actually on similar salary to what Gay is making. It doesn't work for them.

Any interest in pursuing RFA JJ Hickson? He was waived this past season and is an RFA with Portland. Now they may want to keep him due to Alridge's flesh eating bacteria issue, but if they don't, I think he'd be a nice player to get.

If we trade Davis(and it looks like he won't be a Raptor for too much longer), he could provide nice depth behind Bargs. Only 23, great offensive post player. Needs to work on his defense, but he's got some talent.